A crown or ‘cap” is a tooth-like covering placed over an existing tooth to give added support and protection. The crown will be shaped to fit your mouth, as well as color-matched to fit your appearance.
You may need a crown if you;
- have a cavity that is too large for a filling
- have a missing tooth an need a bridge
- need to cover a dental implant
- have a tooth that is cracked, worn down or otherwise weakened
- have had root canal treatment – the crown will protect the restored tooth
- want to cover a discolored or badly shaped tooth and improve your smile